Parents and guardians creating a healthy family environment is essential for future success.
As the old adage goes “It takes a loving community” is never truer than in the case of raising our FFF sons. Family support and involvement is paramount among all participants in our various program functions due to the observational value of community working together for the common good. We expect our parents and guardians to be involved every step of the way, starting with the initial home interview.
Not only will you as the parent /guardian provide information about your child’s behaviors, character, and needs, but you’ll also approve the selection of the surrogate father and family. Every participant and their family enter into the program on a probationary period. Upon acceptance into the program, you remain closely involved in many ways, including:
- Attending parent training meetings and outings
- Participating in community volunteer opportunities with the organization
- Approving activities and outings for your son
- Engaging with the surrogate family and asking your son questions about his outings and observations of other environments
- Providing feedback on your sons progress to our program directors and surrogate family